FAQ – Answers to the most commonly asked questions.
If your question is not covered by the below, please feel free to ask a question in the comments section on this post
- How do I buy something on the website?
1. Find the items you wish to buy
Keyword search boxes are located on top right of page. You will also find links to browse lists and more detailed product-specific searches in the menu on the top of the page and also along the sides of most pages. You can also sort you results based on price range or recently added. When you find an item that interests you, click the title or name of the item to see its details, including availability, price and whether its in stock or an import order (more on this below)
2. Add to cart
Found the products you want to buy? Click on Add to cart. Your shopping cart contains all the products that you have selected to buy. Once you’ve added an item to your Shopping Cart, keep searching until your cart contains all of the items you want to order. You can access the contents of your Shopping Cart at any time by clicking the “cart” or “check out” sections on the top right of the page.
3. Check out
- Hover over your cart at the top right of the page or click on the “cart” button.
- Your product list will appear. Decide on your final order – you can remove items you don’t want by clicking the x button on the left of the product.
- Select your delivery method and if you have a voucher, you can fill it in and click on “apply coupon”. Once done, click on “proceed to checkout”
- If you are not logged in, it is advantageous to click on “returning customer” at the top of the page. Then your address details will be automatically filled in. If you would prefer to checkout as a “guest”, you can proceed to the address details.
- Select your delivery address or create a new delivery address. For courier delivery, please provide a physical (street) address where someone will be able to sign for the parcel. Couriers deliver anytime between 8am and 6pm so bare this in mind and include a delivery note if you need your parcel delivered in a specific time frame.
- There is an “order notes” section on the right of the page. Use this to include any additional information you want us to know ie. delivery days/times, additional contact numbers, queries, special requests etc
- Click on ‘place order”
- A complete order summary will now display with all the details of your order and the banking details in order to make payment. Please ensure that all information, including your delivery details are correct. Notify is if you want to change anything, cancel the order or would like to find out about additional payment methos. Unfortunately, at this time, we do not accept credit card payments
- What are import orders?
Import orders are items that can be specially imported for you, primarily from the UK. Contact us regarding an item or items you would like to have imported, or place an order on the site (imports will come up as zero when ordering). We will then source the items and send through a quote. Price is determined by a number of factors – current exchange rate, shipping costs, requested condition of item and cheapest available price for condition specified. It can take us up to a week to get the best available quote for you and prices are valid for 48 hours. If quote is accepted, payment is required upfront and we will order the item and consolidate it at our UK branch. The consolidation process usually takes approx 2 weeks. Once the shipment is big enough, it will be couriered to our offices in Durban where we will confirm order is correct and send directly to you. The whole import process usually takes 3 to 4 weeks in total. PLEASE NOTE: As the items are ordered specifically for you, we cannot accept returns on the items unless they are significantly not as described.